The Lakeshore Literary Foundation is a non-profit organization based in Kent County, Michigan. Our purpose is to support the professional growth of authors and poets within the Great Lakes region through programs that nurture the craft of writing, bolster industry acumen, and connect literary creatives with new audiences.
We aim to be an indispensable resource for authors and poets in the Great Lakes region and a core convener of the literary community in West Michigan.
As of March 2023, we:
- Have been fully incorporated in the State of Michigan and have established governing bylaws, banking relationships, and preferred vendor relationships.
- Have established a brand identity.
- Are in the process of completing Form 1023 to obtain tax exemption recognition from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Developed an initial program strategy.
- Are recruiting a board of directors.
People interested in joining the board should send us an introductory email to hello@ to facilitate an introduction.
More to come!